Monday, March 7, 2011

Wiring, Insulation & Sheeting

  I got the rough wiring inspection done and it didn't pass, i had the grounds and the neutrals backwards in the box so i had to swap them, he also wanted the main power feed encased in PVC in the walls, so i had to also do that.  I also needed "Tamper resistant" outlets...  So i had to swap out 18 outlets.  I got all of those changes made by last Wednesday and i was waiting for the inspector to OK it so that i could insulate and put up the sheeting.  I didn't get a response Thursday and i called until i got a hold of him on Friday and he gave me the ok to insulate and put up the wall sheeting.

  My father came and helped me insulate Saturday and we got it all up on Saturday.  Sunday i was only able to work for about 3.5hrs, but Ben and I got both of the sidewall sheeting up.  Ill be out there again tonight trying to get the back wall done along with starting the ceiling.  Its defently getting there. 

4 comments:

  1. Good lord! My rough inspection was about 3 minutes long, and I needed none of that stuff in the house...your town codes suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea... The outlets are a 2011 thing, and i think that encasing the main power feed in PVC is a subjective thing cuz he had to call his "boss" and they both said something like "i don't need that hassle either". I don't care its done now...

    He also asked why I bothered getting a permit and having it inspected! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's funny! I think they really only worry about big projects, or stuff someone can report you for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea i guess so. But now if there is ever a fire out there and i need to claim it on Ins, and they piss and moan about it being Electrical based. I will have the inspection report saying that it was up to code, so hopefully they can not deny the claim.

    ReplyDelete