Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nov 11th 2009

I worked on my upper A-arms. I got 1 done and the other i just need to cut and fit the cross piece and weld it all up. Then onto the lowers! Maybe ill have a roller sooner rather than later?

Dec 8th 2009
I picked up a set of used Camaro zr-1  knock off rims

Jan 10th 2010
I've been chipping away at this build. We are getting there. I got all 4 of the A-arms built and welded to the chassis. Ive also started to locate the Engine and Tranny. That tranny is way bigger than i had "hoped" But it should still work.

I BIG thanks to my friend Ben yet again for all his help on Saturday. We were able to get 3 of the 4 A-arms on the chassis. And helping me get started with the drivetrain. I got the other A-arm one the car today.

I need to locate a balljoint taper reamer for the upper Balljoint. So if anyone has one or can locate one let me know.

Feb 8th 2010
I've been plugging away on the car.

The big steps were locating the suspension brackets on the chassis. I also had to ream out the upper ball joint holes. I have the left front mounted and .5° of camber already set. I need to install the other sides ball joints then i can bolt it to the chassis. I'm using a steel rod in place of the shock and spring for now. No need to mar up the nice shocks and springs welding and fitting everything. Sorry for the CRAPPY cell phone pics. I will take some good pics in the next few days and replace these.

I also welded on the roll hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment